Welcome back! This week’s recommendations include a very cool app to monitor sleeping habits, a fun rock & roll vampire movie, a salsa recipe, and Mel breaks bad and recommends a knitting website. KNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTERS!!!!
App: Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock
- An alarm clock app that tries to wake you according to your sleep cycle.
- It also uses the flash and camera on your phone to gauge your heart rate. It’s like magic… or science.
- It’s available for iOS. Check out Sleepcycle.com
To make up for Kelly’s incessant dissing of the knitters. 😉
- A social community of knitters and crocheters, complete with discussion forums.
- Has tons of patterns available for everything you may want to create from toys to clothing. Many patterns are free and others are available to buy directly through Ravelry. You will find most patterns from your pattern books listed as well. This is awesome because you can see what other crafters made from the same pattern.
- It’s also a great place to get help with stitches or patterns that may be giving you problems.
- It is also a great haven for every crafty member of any fandom you can possibly think of: Browncoats, Gryffindors, Whovians, Sherlockians, etc..
Movie: ‘Suck’ – This is a funny and clever movie about a rock and roll band that finds the quickest path to success is… becoming vampires! Guest appearances by Iggy Pop, Henry Rollins, and ALICE COOPER!!!
Food: Bean Salsa – Easy to make, tastes great…
- 1 can black-eyed peas
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can red beads
- 1 can shoepeg corn
- 1 smal jar of pimento
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopper green pepper
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno
Drain and rinse all canned beans, veggies, and pimento. Mix together in a large bowl.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
Combine all dressing ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour dressing over salsa and refrigerate overnight. Drain before serving. Best served with “scoops” chips. Mel suggested Frito’s.. which sounds like an AWESOME tweak.
Social Media Recommendations
Kelly: @GGGoneGeek – Good Girls Gone Geek, Bex and Proffitt offer witty tweets on a wide variety of geek topics
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast??