We present to you the makings of a perfect summer weekend: a Hammock, a Tomato, and a Sharknado (book).
Music: Little Feat’s ‘Waiting for Columbus’ Live Album (1978)
- Little Feat is a genre crossing band formed by Lowell George. (Mel likes the term Swamp Rock.)
- Features a Tomato-Headed Woman sitting in a Hammock on the cover….
- The first full track “Fat Man in the Bath Tub” TOTALLY sold Kelly.
- Listen to the album out on Spotify and check out LittleFeat.net for info.
- If you like the album cover, you can even get that Hot Tomato Lady on a t-shirt here.
- Learn the secret of the Tomato and the Hammock
- One of the best live albums EVER!
Book: ‘How to Survive a Sharknado and Other Unnatural Disasters’ by Andrew Shaffer
- Yes, this is a book that was born from the Sharknado
- Don’t worry, it’s not just about Sharknados. It’s mostly about the “Other Unnatural Disasters” part.
- I feel it’s more like a bestiary of wonderful exotic creatures like SHARKTOPUS and PIRANHACONDA with a few ARACHNOQUAKES and ICE TWISTERS for good measure.
- There’s also a sort of Alice Cooper reference (see the Bigfoot section)
- If you’re a fan of so-bad-they’re-good B movies, you need to get yourself a copy. You’ll sleep better at night. I promise. ~M
- Check out more at the author’s site, or at SharknadoBook.com
Social Media Recommendations:
Kelly: @Amy_Glitters: A clever lady that live tweets bad movies. Join in!
Mel: @AndrewTShaffer: The humorous author of “How To Survive A Sharknado” knows his B movie monsters…