In this episode we finally emerge from the seemingly endless (three weeks) darkness of Kelly not having an older recommendation than Mel.
Movie: A Trip To The Moon (made in 1902)
- It was directed by Georges Melies IN 1902!
- The FIRST Science Fiction movie ever made!
- Since it’s from 1902, it’s a Silent Movie.
- They may have gotten Astronomers and Astrologers a little mixed up.
- It’s available on Netflix in both Black & White and Color.
- Also available at Amazon Instant Video (FREE for Prime Members) 😛
- And finally, since it was made in 1902, Kelly regains his Trophy for the Oldest Recommendation Ever Made on Nurture and Support.
- FYI, this was made in 1902.
Gadget: Fitbit Charge HR
- Mel upgraded to her 3rd Fitbit and talks Pros and Cons of a couple of the Fitbit Models.
- Fitbits are nifty little gadgets that track your movement and hence your calories burned throughout the day. Sync this data with a “Diet Tracker” like Spark People or My Fitness Pal and you get to eat more. Well, as long as your active anyway.
- The Charge HR also tracks Sleep automatically, tracks your Heart Rate (the HR part), and has a strap with a buckle that stays buckled.
- The Fitbit Flex is also a good model that you can buy 3rd party replacement wristbands with good buckles and cuter designs.
Kelly’s Social Media Recommendation Station:
YouTube: The Slow Mo Guys: Here’s what they have to say for themselves: “On this channel, Gavin Free and Dan Gruchy take a $150,000 high speed camera to show you the world hundreds of times slower than you can see with your own eyes. You should subscribe. It’s pretty cool.”
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast?? Our feed – http://nurtureandsupport.net/feed/podcast iTunes – Nurture and Support, Stitcher, and Kelly’s YouTube Channel. Thanks for listening! Mel (@karmic9) and Kelly (@kellythul)