Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Some great music and a beautiful game this week…
Music: The Protomen – Present: A Night of Queen
- A Nashville based band that mixes Mega Man and our inevitable future of dystopian living.
- They have many albums, but today we talk about a live concert where they covered a number of Queen songs.
- The easiest places to listen to the album seems to be Spotify and YouTube.
- They cover Bohemian Rhapsody, Under Pressure, Flash (from Flash Gordon) and Princes of the Universe (from Highlander! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE)
- Also check out their twitter.
Game: No Man’s Sky by Hello Games
- This is a Survival-Exploration-Space Game where the Universe is procedurally generated. (Think random.)
- Oh, and it has some awesome graphics.
- There is a slowly evolving storyline, but you don’t actually have to follow it.
- Pros: It’s beautiful, very cool mish-mashed critters that you can name, learn alien languages, soothing soundtrack, they plan on add-ons being free.
- Cons: Pricey, a little buggy right now until the patch, needs better mapping, repetitive if you don’t like exploration.
- It’s available on PS4, XBOX One, and PC (check your specs first!!!!)
Social Media Corner:
Kelly: BioShock : @BioShock: the official BioShock account. Did you know the games have been remastered and re-released?
All 3 games remastered for current-gen in #BioShock: The Collection! See the comparison: https://t.co/k5csL5LzlR pic.twitter.com/UkWVrRc6Dd
— BioShock (@bioshock) August 17, 2016
Mel: Swear Trek: @swear_trek: profanity laced Star Trek cartoons. It’s wonderful. Here’s a tweet that goes with Mel’s rec today.
Me neither. pic.twitter.com/fCMe3TmM0I
— Swear Trek (@swear_trek) August 16, 2016
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast?? Our feed – http://nurtureandsupport.net/feed/podcast iTunes – Nurture and Support, Stitcher, Google Play and Kelly’s YouTube Channel. Thanks for listening! Mel (@karmic9) and Kelly (@kellythul)