Kelly says “YeeHaw!” and then begs for your help. Mel remains our Cello Overlord.
Kelly’s plea: On shows where I introduce Mel I typically say “…and with me as always is Mel. Hi Mel.”, Which is LAME.
Could someone PLEASE come up with a better introduction and post it in the comments???
Movie: Motel Hell (1980)
- A Horror/Comedy movie about Farmer Smith and his sister Ida run Motel Hello and are famous for their delicious “smoked meat”. You know where this is going right?
- They have a very interesting “garden” in the backyard.
- It’s available to rent from Amazon Instant Video, and to buy from iTunes.
- Stars Rory Calhoun, and Wolfman Jack makes an appearance! Awoo!
Music: Zoe Keating
- Yay! More Cellos!
- Zoe is an amazing cellist whose music has appeared in numerous tv shows, such as Elementary and even Teen Wolf. She has performed with a number of bands over the years, including Rasputina and Halou, both of which you should check out.
- Her music is warm and peaceful and will make you feel better no matter how badly your day has gone. I particularly like “Legions (War)” from the One Cello x 16 album.
- Check out her website for links to her bandcamp to pay what you want for her albums!
- The Links: iTunes, Amazon, Soundcloud, Spotify (Spotify does not have all of her albums), and her YouTube channel.
- Here’s a direct link to Zoe’s version of the Star Spangled Banner.
Social Media Recommendation:
Kelly: @PeytonsHead: A witty twitter account that mishmashes Pop Culture and Sports references for your amusement. #LaserRocketArm
Mel: @IGN: the go to mega site to learn more about EVERY video game EVER.
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast??