Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
In this episode you can learn to make a steampunk hat, and then hang it up ANYWHERE.
Website/ YouTube Channel: Lost Wax
- Yes, more crafting awesomeness. You know I can’t resist Steampunk! ~M
- Lost Wax is the name of Chris Huebert’s website and YouTube channel. He creates amazingly beautiful steampunk jewelry and also has a number of fun, affordable DIY Steampunk tutorials on Youtube.
- The tutorial videos are free to watch, but for the detailed plans (with full templates, etc) you give him a few bucks at his gumroad site. Each video has the link to its associated tutorial. They are very affordable at ~$5.00 and only use easily found materials.
- His newest video, the Steampunk Gas Mask, is one of my favorites! (See below) I don’t have mine finished yet, but I will post pics as soon as I do. STAY TUNED!
- GoLoopie is a neat little gadget that gives you a lightweight and portable hook anywhere that you need one.
- You know you never have a handy hook when you need one! And it’s only $4.99 at goloopie.com
- You just slip the Loop part around a cart handle, chair back, or anything really and you get a sturdy little hook to hang your purse, coat, shopping bags, etc from.
- If your having trouble picturing this contraption, look here, and marvel at it’s genius simplicity.
- It’s not available at Amazon…… Mel looked. 😀
Social Media Recommendations:
Mel: @JDHancock: Makes great pics featuring all of your favorite action figures!
Twitter Describes What Makes the Worst Boss in 5 Words (via @SMB_Adviser) http://t.co/d2wXyk7zt9#JDHPhotopic.twitter.com/VSSSKs1bfo
— JD Hancock (@JDHancock) March 13, 2015
Kelly: The Warp Zone: a YouTube channel that makes rap battle type videos. Check out Hodor vs Groot below… Make sure your subtitles are on… !!!
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast?? Our feed – http://nurtureandsupport.net/feed/podcast iTunes – Nurture and Support, Stitcher, and Kelly’s YouTube Channel. Thanks for listening! Mel (@karmic9) and Kelly (@kellythul)