Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Book: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
- Yes, Mel read a book about being a slob. The book claims that if you follow the method outlined in this book, you will NEVER be a slob again. Ask me for an update in a year, folks.
- Despite the subject matter, I found this book to be very entertaining. The author does anthropomorphize her belongings and her house, but I found it to be charming as well as kooky.
- Essentially, it’s based on discarding everything that doesn’t ‘spark joy’.
- Check out YouTube for a lot of videos of people trying this method out on camera.
- While I didn’t film the horror of my clothes closet, I found my heap of clothes extremely alarming and actually was able to gather together 5 big garbage bags of clothes to donate. This is especially amazing as I supposedly had cleaned out this closet only 6 months ago… <doh>
Store: Sam’s Club
- Possibly the most well-known Member’s Only Bulk Buy Club.
- Get great deals on electronics and even get lunch by grazing the samples on offer! And there’s also the 4ft tall Shotgun Whiskey Decanter!
- Don’t forget the ginormous tank of Cheeseballs!
- And then there are really cool deals like Kelly’s new Pergola! (I want one! ~M)
- If you haven’t checked out Sam’s recently, you might give it another look. (I didn’t know you could now get a personal account without having a business. Cool! ~M)
I couldn’t find the Shotgun Whiskey Decanter, but I’d like this one…. It brings me JOY! ~M
Kelly’s Social Media Recommendation:
@Leslie_Annie: aka Leslie Brooks: She has 117K followers, but still finds the time to respond to Kelly. 😉
Forget All About That Bass. I’m all about those burritos.
— Leslie Brooks (@Leslie_Annie) June 19, 2015
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast?? Our feed – http://nurtureandsupport.net/feed/podcast iTunes – Nurture and Support, Stitcher, and Kelly’s YouTube Channel. Thanks for listening! Mel (@karmic9) and Kelly (@kellythul)
Pingback: I Am The DeHoarder - A Corgi Horde