Scavenge in the mysterious post apocalyptic world of ‘A Dark Room’. If you’re lucky you’ll find some pasta and shrimp to make a yummy meal. So, Post-Apocalyptic Pasta, anyone?
Game App: A Dark Room
- Available as either an iOS app or play it in your web browser at adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com
- An intriguing text based post-apocalyptic adventure!
- Stoke your Fire, talk to a Stranger, explore mysterious caves, and scavenge in abandoned neighborhoods.
- Can you survive?
Food: Lemon Pasta with Shrimp
More from Chef Kelly. Outside of peeling and deveining the shrimp, this is a super fast meal to make with just a few ingredients – and it tastes AWESOME. If you are making this for 2-3 people, you probably want to cut the recipe in half – makes a lot.
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Toss the shrimp with 1 Tbl olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper on a cookie sheet. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. When they are pink, they are done.
Drizzle a little olive oil in a pot of boiling salted water, add angel hair pasta and cook about 3 minutes. Drain, but save a cup or so of the cooking liquid.
Quickly toss the angel hair with the melted butter, 1/4 cup olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid. Add the shrimp and eat!
Social Media Recommendations:
Mel: @PatriotOfMars: Jeff Faria
These pickles taste funny. pic.twitter.com/uteICSZDG3
— Jeff Faria (@PatriotsOfMars) February 19, 2015
Kelly: @scottmcdonald3: Scott McDonald!
Poor Rick has to carry his own daughter now #WalkingDead
— Scott McDonald (@ScottMcDonald3) February 16, 2015