This week we discuss a sports special Mel might actually watch and relive 8 track glory.
Documentary: 30 for 30: The 16th Man
- An ESPN Special about Nelson Mandela, the “Springbok” Rugby team, and South Africa’s transition to integrate the nation after Apartheid.
- Narrated by Morgan Freeman. this documentary features interviews with players and various political activists of the time.
- Minimal actual rugby in the special. Which is good, since Kelly has no clue about how the game is played.
- This will be the first of 30 sports specials Mel is going to watch!!!
Music Service: 8Tracks.com
- This is a streaming music service that features user created playlists of at least 8 tracks.
- The neat thing here is that you can upload your own (legally acquired) music if it’s not already in their database.
- It’s also available for iOS and Android.
- There are tons of “Fandom” type playlists about particular characters you know and love. I listened to quite a few that were odes to Black Widow.
- We reminisce about the actual real 8 Tracks.
- I uploaded a funny little playlist about Shapeshifter Romance novels. 😉
Kelly sneaked in and added “The Black Widow” by Alice Cooper to the post (listen to Mel’s recommendation to know why this HAD to be done) ….
Social Media Recommendations:
Mel’s: Molly Harper: @mollyharperauth:
What You Did Last Summer Was Unremarkable. Try Harder This Year #MakeAHorrorMovieHarmless
— Molly Harper (@mollyharperauth) August 8, 2015
Kelly’s: Best Movie Line: @bestmovieline:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory pic.twitter.com/wFoddMWbU6
— Best Movie Line (@BestMovieLine) August 12, 2015
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast?? Our feed – http://nurtureandsupport.net/feed/podcast iTunes – Nurture and Support, Stitcher, and Kelly’s YouTube Channel. Thanks for listening! Mel (@karmic9) and Kelly (@kellythul)