Alicia aka @ohalchemygirl joins us this episode. She’s a REAL musician in the indie rock band “Oh, Alchemy”. Please check out her band on twitter (@OhAlchemy) and their website, ohalchemy.com and on YouTube.
Game: Banished by Shining Rock Software
- A city building, resource management sim available for PC
- It’s $19.99 on Steam, the Humble Store, Gog, and at Shining Rock Software
- If you think you have what it takes to manage your resources and build up a town of hardened survivors, check it out. And really, who doesn’t want to be an Omnipotent Overlooker? (I’m going to trademark that term ~M, @greatbandname – K)
Food: Alicia shares a few favorite recipes (Our first food recommendation!):
- Vanilla Ice Cream, Root Beer, and Fireball Whiskey Float
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Yogurt
Movie: Wes Anderson movies!
- In honor of ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ release, Alicia tells us some of her favorites
- ‘Rushmore’, ‘The Royal Tenenbaums’, ‘The Life Aquatic’, and ‘Fantastic, Mr. Fox’
Web Service: IFTTT (If This Then That)
- An amazing FREE web service that lets you create “recipes” of actions to automate certain everyday tasks to make your internet-based life easier.
- Link up all of your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and innumerable other services together. It’s kind of like One Web Service to rule them all.
- Matthew Montalta actually recommended this to Kelly.
Alicia’s Recommendation: @FoodieChat: Chat so delicious you can almost taste it. Join our gastronomical adventures.
Mel’s Recommendation: @Foodimentary: Fun facts about food because we all eat food or we wouldn’t be here. 😉
Kelly’s Recommendation: @UnseenStarWars: Rare, hardly seen Star Wars pictures from the movie set, merchandise, cut scenes, promotions and more!
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast??