Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
TV Show: Farscape
- An amazing Space Opera by Rockne S. Obannon and Jim Henson Productions that aired on SyFy back when it was still the Sci-Fi Channel.
- Available to stream on both Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video.
- Origin of the words “frell”, “dren”, and “hezmana” as ways to get expletives on tv.
- Has amazing Puppets by the Jim Henson Creature Shop that you need to see.
(Addendum: I don’t care who’s involved with Under the Dome; it’s awful. I’m just glad it wasn’t Rockne Obannon 😉 ~M)
Music: “The Broken Bride” by Ludo
- A Rock Opera about Time Travel, True Love, and The Apocalypse
- Check out Ludo at their website: ludorock.com, and the video for ‘Save Our City’ on YouTube.
- Here’s the album on Spotify!
Game: Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Game 30th Anniv. Edition
- Provided by BBC, and read some background info here.
- Obviously based on the “Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams, if you haven’t read the series check it out.
Website: Gif Gif
- A project at MIT to rank and categorize animated Gifs.
- Find a response for every situation at gifgifmedia.mit.edu
Thanks to @TeresaHazel411 for these great recommendations!
Movie: Zombie Honeymoon
- A Zombie Romantic Comedy
Mel’s Rec: @sblackmoore: Look for his made up horoscopes a few times a week!
Kelly’s Rec: @DaleHorvath_TWD: A parody account sharing the wisdom of the incomparable Dale.
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast??
Our feed – http://nurtureandsupport.net/feed/podcast
iTunes – Nurture and Support
Thanks for listening! Mel (@karmic9) and Kelly (@kellythul)