Special Guest @TonySolo joins us to share some Orphan Black love, Kelly tells us about a cool language app called Word Lens, and Mel has another book called The Magicians.
App: Word Lens by QuestVisual
- A translation app available for Android, iOS, and Google Glass
- It uses the camera on your phone and swaps out the foreign text on signs for English (or your language of choice) in REAL TIME.
- Word Lens has recently been acquired by Google for use in its own translation software and the app is free for a very limited time.
Tony hosts SnarkalecRadio with our very own Kelly, and Mike Bilinski of the band Pagan. It’s a weekly show detailing recent snarkable science fiction/monster movie happenings on tv and other cool stuff. Check them out over at Tony’s YouTube Channel or catch them on the LoudNLoaded station at Live 365.
Follow Tony on Twitter @TonySolo!
TV Series: Orphan Black on BBC America
- Orphan Black is in it’s second season on BBC America.
- It stars the amazing Tatiana Maslany who plays numerous simultaneous roles on the show as clones.
- Season 1 is available free to watch for Amazon Prime Members and is available in many On Demand networks, check this link out to find yours.
- Tony thinks it’s like a Syfy channel show got mashed up with Desperate Housewives!
Book: ‘The Magicians‘ by Lev Grossman
- A different twist on Magic School that has been described as “Harry Potter for adults”.
- The main character, Quentin Coldwater, is a very morose downtrodden high school student who spends much of his time daydreaming about a a magical land called Fillory, which is the subject of a series of popular children’s books. After 5 grueling years in Brakebills, a magical college, Quentin and his friends are turned loose into the normal world. They find themselves floundering until one of them discovers that Fillory is actually real and isn’t very childlike after all.
- ‘The Magicians’ is the first book in The Magicians Trilogy. It is followed by ‘The Magician King’, and the soon to be released ‘The Magician’s Land’.
- It is also in development at Syfy to possibly be turned into a series!
Social Media Recommendations:
Kelly: @BestMovieLine: Just like it says, folks. A collection of the Best Lines from Movies.
Mel: @Jenthulu: the twitter account of Jen Foehner Wells an awesome lady who shares awesome geekiness. A Clever Girl.
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast??