Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Kelly introduces Mel to Joe’s Garage by Frank Zappa, and Mel revisits her favorite Romantically Apocalyptic wasteland.
- An awesomely done WebComic/Graphic Novel created by Vitaly S. Alexius that features an intriguing cast of characters in a post apocalyptic world.
- Here’s a link to the beginning of the story, so jump in there and see the Romantically Apocalyptic adventures of Zee Captain, Snippy, Pilot, and Engie. There’s even a Lifealope folks. I can’t explain it, you’re just going to have to see it for yourselves.
- And if you’re a fan of abandoned places, check out the Art page.
Music: Joe’s Garage by Frank Zappa
- A 1979 Rock Opera that tells the story of a young man named Joe who runs afoul of the Government, Organized Religion, and STDs all told by the Central Scrutinizer (“The White Zone is for loading and unloading. If you gotta load or unload, go to the White Zone – you’ll love it”).
- It features Xenochronous and Mel learned a new word. Guess which one in the Comments!
- The Links! Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay
- Mel really likes Watermelon in Easter Hay even though there aren’t any cellos in there. While it also lacks cellos, Kelly recommends the title song “Joe’s Garage” as well.
Just a note: Kelly has won every subsequent game of Words with Friends…… Mel’s not bitter. AT. ALL.
Social Media Recommendations:
Kelly: @Marinda_music on twitter. A musician from Holland who was brave enough to appear on SnarkAlec Radio.
Mel: James Brent Isaacs on YouTube. He vlogs about books and video games for Geek and Sundry!
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast??
Our feed – http://nurtureandsupport.net/feed/podcast
iTunes – Nurture and Support
Thanks for listening! Mel (@karmic9) and Kelly (@kellythul)