John and Helena join Mel and Kelly again providing a podcast jammed full with FOUR recommendations. No extra charge.
Unlike LAST week, there are no jerks in this episode.
Book/Art: Walking Your Octopus by Brian Kesinger
- No, that is not code for something…
- It’s a Victorian Steampunk book with very charming art prints featuring Victoria and Otto, her pet land octopus.
- It features loads of tips on living with your pet octopus and would make a great gift for the Steampunk fan in your life.
- Check out bkartonline.com and go to the shop section to get your own.
- A Recipe Management and Menu-Planning site that does just what it says… It helps you Plan what To Eat for the week.
- It has the ability to import recipes from other websites and generate your shopping list.
- It does require some money, but at about $39/yr, it’s a pretty good deal.
- NPIC is about the National Photographic Interpretation Center where John actually worked.
- It’s a fascinating story of the creation of a key member of the intelligence community and their not as glamorous as “Homeland” work.
- Think Cuban Missile Crisis and the Chernobyl Meltdown.
- Don’t call it Artificial Intelligence anymore folks…. it’s now called Machine Learning.
- You input your name, and it pulls up some photos and guesses your age. This could be scary or terribly funny…
- Do you dare “Get a Human Opinion?”
Social Media Recommendations:
Helena: @atlasobscura: If you like giant flaming holes in the ground..
— Atlas Obscura (@atlasobscura) October 15, 2015
John: Hunting-henry.tumblr.com: Henry is an Airedale. He travels. He might be magical. Try to find him wherever he travels. Kelly: @henderson_trina: She’s an artist who also likes to livetweet some Gotham!
Want to subscribe to the Nurture and Support podcast?? Our feed – http://nurtureandsupport.net/feed/podcast iTunes – Nurture and Support, Stitcher, and Kelly’s YouTube Channel. Thanks for listening! Mel (@karmic9) and Kelly (@kellythul)